- When using pressure cookers, basic safety precautions should always be followed:
- Read all instructions.
- Before sealing the cooker it should be ensured that the steam starts coming out of the vent tube of the cooker freely.
- The aluminium pressure cooker vessel shouldn't be used for deep-frying.
- Do not touch surfaces. Use handles.
- Close supervision is necessary when the pressure cooker is used near children.
- Do not place the pressure cooker in the heated oven.
- Do not use the pressure cooker for other than the intended use.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving a pressure cooker containing hot liquids.
- This appliance cooks under pressure. Improper use may result in scalding injury. Make certain unit is properly closed before operating. See operating instructions.
- Do not fill the unit over 2/3 full. When cooking foods that expand during cooking such as rise or dried vegetables, do not fill the unit over half full. See food preparation instructions.
- Food items, which tend to foam, froth, sputter are likely to block the pressure release device. Therefore, while cooking such items, cooking instructions should be strictly followed.
- Always check the pressure release devices for clogging before use.
- Do not open the pressure cooker until the unit has cooled and internal pressure has been reduced. See operating instructions.
- Do not use the pressure cooker for pressure frying with oil.